Data Protection Policy 2018
This policy is in place to assist Scion Communications Limited in being compliant with The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Therefore, ensuring all data collected is handled and stored to meet the GDPR standards.
What is GDPR?
The EU general Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Directive 1995, and is created to make data privacy laws consistent throughout Europe. The aim of GDPR is to protect all EU citizens from data breaches. DGDPR’s key point are relevant to how data is obtained, stored, handled, the rights for the data subjects, how their data is being processed and where it is stored.
Why the policy is in place?
This GDPR policy is in place to protect Scion Communications Limited and to ensure that:
· Scion Communications Limited protects the rights of customers, suppliers, colleagues, and anyone else who may be in contact with Scion Communications Limited.
· Scion Communications Limited identifies and ensures the process of obtaining, handling, storing and using data is done so correctly.
· Scion Communications Limited complies with the law including GDPR and the Customer data protection.
· Scion Communications Limited protects itself from the risks of any data breaches.
Scion Communications Limited aims to ensure that all individuals are made aware that Scion Communications Limited are compliant with GDPR. This will be done through the different procedures in place including:
· Opt-in on all website form submissions.
How Scion Communications Limited obtains data:
When someone becomes a customer of Scion Communications Limited.
· When someone enquires about the services of Scion Communications Limited.
· When someone passes their business card at a business event.
How Scion Communications Limited stores the data that is collected.
The following online system is used by Scion Communications Limited and are fully secured and password protected.
Accounts system we use: Customer data is stored within the Xero Accounting system ().
Scion Communications Limited holds very little paper documentation; it is our policy not to store any paper documentation that is not necessary.
How and why does Scion Communications Limited contact you:
· We will contact you for quotations and projects
· We use the Xero system to contact you about your accounts (invoicing)
How often does Scion Communications Limited contact you:
· We will contact you as and when required for quotations, these emails are sent as and when required.
· We will contact you through Xero system about your account, these emails are sent as and when required.
Our website is owned and managed by Digital House MD Limited.
Registered Address: Unit 10 Berkshire Business Centre, Berkshire Drive, Thatcham, Berkshire RG19 4EW
Registered Company Number: 4598170
VAT Number: 787 4018 01
Contact Number: 0118 940 7200